CSWS Events include a Noon Talk series, special speakers, film series, colloquiums, conferences, and more.
- Noon Talks are presented by recent recipients of CSWS Research Grants. These scholarly topics span the interests of many departments in the areas of women and gender. These are usually held in our Jane Grant Conference Room in Hendricks Hall.
- Research Interest Groups host many events during the year, usually special speakers or presentations, and occasionally a conference.
- Special speakers and film screenings address CSWS’s annual themes in the Lorwin Lecture series, the Acker-Morgen Lecture series, the Race, Ethnicities, and Inequalities Colloquium series, the Queer Studies Lecture series and other CSWS-sponsored events.
- Co-sponsored Events highlights gender-related events on campus that we support.
CSWS Sponsored Events
All upcoming events are sequentially listed by date on the opening page of our website under Upcoming Events. In addition, you can look at current and past CSWS events here:
- 2019-20 CSWS Events
- 2018-19 CSWS Events
- 2017-18 CSWS Events
- 2016-17 CSWS Events
- 2015-16 CSWS Events
- 2014-15 CSWS Events
- 2013-14 CSWS Events
- 2012-13 CSWS Events
- 2011-12 CSWS Events
- 2010-11 CSWS Events
- 2009-10 CSWS Events
- 2009 Spring Events
Acker-Morgen Memorial Lectureship
The Center for the Study of Women in Society’s Acker-Morgen Memorial Lectureship honors two powerful feminist voices, CSWS founding director Joan Acker and longtime center director Sandra Morgen, both of whom passed away in 2016. This annual lecture series commemorates their legacies by bringing to the University of Oregon campus renowned feminist scholars who work on issues of economic justice and gender equity – issues that were very near and dear to both Joan and Sandi. Donations to support this lecture series can be made here.
- 2020 Acker-Morgen Lecture
- 2019 Acker-Morgen Lecture
- 2018 Acker-Morgen Lecture
- 2017 Acker-Morgen Lecture
Lorwin Lectureship Series
The Lorwin Lectureship was created in 2009 with funding from the estate of Val and Madge Lorwin. Lectures by renowned scholars and experts promote greater appreciation for the importance of civil rights. The lectureship, overseen by the College of Arts and Sciences and the UO School of Law, is administered on a rotating basis by three campus education and research centers: the Oregon Humanities Center, the Wayne Morse Center for Law and Politics, and the Center for the Study of Women in Society.
- 2019-20 CSWS Lorwin Lectureship on Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
- 2016-17 CSWS Lorwin Lectureship on Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
- 2013-14 CSWS Lorwin Lectureship on Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
- 2010-11 CSWS Lorwin Lectureship on Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
Many CSWS events are recorded on audio and/or video tapes or DVDs. To access the complete listing of more than 274 CSWS-related items (including publications), go to the Knight Library link http://libweb.uoregon.edu/. Under “keyword” search for “University of Oregon, Center for the Study of Women in Society.” All CSWS-related items should appear with that search criteria.
Northwest Women Writers Symposium
40th Anniversary Celebration
Women of Color Project
- See Archives Tab